During the month of November through National Sock Day (December 4, 2022), Dryer Vent Wizard®, a Neighborly® company, in collaboration with Sock It To ‘Em Campaign, is helping to raise awareness about how sock donations can provide warmth to those in need during the winter season. Gathering socks for donation to homeless shelters across the U.S. is a small act of love can make a big difference.
Why should we be donating socks?
- Socks are the least donated item to homeless shelters but can have a great impact on the health of those experiencing homelessness and seeking warmth during colder weather.
- Socks are the #1 clothing needed by those experiencing homelessness.
- Foot problems represent a relatively large proportion of complaints among homeless people. Trench foot, tinea pedis, foot pain, frostbite, and infections are among the many foot problems found in homeless people.
- Socks wear out fast for those experiencing homelessness because they often don’t have access to washing their socks properly. In some cases, a pair of socks might last two to three days due to the amount of walking and wear-and-tear on the socks each day.
- One of the main reasons a homeless person goes to the ER is due to a foot condition. They often get blisters and sores that get infected, and they often lose toes or a foot.
To donate and help support Dryer Vent Wizard in providing socks to homeless and in-need individuals, click the link here or button below. We encourage you to share a photo of your sock donation on social media using the hashtag #DVWsocksgiving2022 by December 4, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CST for a chance to be randomly selected to receive $500 to donate to a local homeless shelter of your choice.Donate
When donating to Sock It To ‘Em’s Campaign donation page, please be sure to write in the note section [+ Write a Note] that the funds provided are for Dryer Vent Wizard and include the independently owned and operated location.
About Sock It To ‘Em Campaign
Sock It To ‘Em Campaign is a nonprofit organization that aims to provide new socks to men, women and children experiencing homelessness and in need.
In the past ten years, Sock It To ‘Em has given away almost 900,000 pairs of socks in 41 states and Dryer Vent Wizard hopes to work together to reach their one million-pair goal!