This is Why You Should NEVER Leave Your Dryer Running When You're Not at Home or Asleep!
A 10-year old boy's quick thinking saved his family from a dryer fire. Jackson and his mother were about to leave the house to run errands with the dryer running. Luckily for their family and pets, when the 10-year old went to switch the laundry over, he noticed a popping noise and alerted his mother. When she opened the dryer, smoke and flames poured out. Jackson, a life-long fan of the fire department, remembered their advice and stayed calm while calling 911. This quick thinking not only prevented a catastrophic house fire, but also saved the life of their family pets. To learn more about this amazing boy, read the full article here.
At Dryer Vent Wizard, dryer safety is our life-long passion. Excess lint, improper venting, system malfunctions, and other dryer issues could have devasting effects on your home including carbon monoxide buildup, mold growth, and fire. We are committed to helping families say informed of all the warning signs that signal your home is in danger, including:
- Excessive Lint Buildup
- Random Dryer Shut-Off
- Long Dry Times
- Excessive Lint on Clothing
- And More
For Jackson's family, their dryer fire was caused by excessive lint that built up and wasn't caught in the lint trap. You can protect your family and home from the dangers of a dryer fire by getting a professional insepction of your venting system, scheduling yearly cleanings, and only using your dryer when you are home and awake. Our experienced technicans completely clean your system and update any out-of-date material that could be a threat to your home. If you see any of the warning signs above, don't hestitate to call or schedule with your local Dryer Vent Wizard today.